Understanding Organizational Policies and Standards: Interacting with Colleagues
At the end of this unit, you will be able to:
- Receive spares from tool room or stores or deposit faulty modules and tools to stores
- Pass on customer complaints to colleagues
- Assist colleagues in resolving field problems
- Resolve conflicts and achieve a smooth workflow
Every worker towards a common goal in an organization, still all of them are divided by certain roles and activities and the way they accomplish that objective.
Inter-personal communication -whether formal or informal- is the most common and important key to accomplish productivity and perform social functions in an organization.
The primary objective of a Field Technician is to understand the process and the health of the communication taking place among the co-workers in order to improve its quality.
To maintain a healthy interpersonal relationship, it is important to adhere to the point shown in the following figure:
As discussed earlier, individuals are divided by roles and responsibilities in an organization despite working towards a common goal.
Hence the possibility of conflicts is nearly unavoidable. A few tips to reinstate better communication among co-workers in such a quandary are as follows:
- Clarify of roles and responsibilities: Going to the basics is the best way to resolve a problem. The role of a field technician is to ensure a glitch-free workflow in an organization. The technician and his team will participate in addressing IT issues, whether small or big. Providing a more rounded perspective of job roles and responsibilities offers inculcation of a positive and resolute approach for problems among co-workers. Also, this enables people with less job experience to take up things in a more constructive manner.
- Plan Strategically: In most organizations, conflicts between co-workers occur due to tight schedules and deadlines. Employees working on deadlines are required to work on short turnaround times, resulting in frustration